This fun Family Home Evening personalised board is a great project for a family or gift. You can purchase lovely finished boards at Joanne’s, Michaels or Home Depot. The board we used for this project was a very tight fit to get the 6 x 24 wording on. We had to place each word on separately, but the finished project is great and well worth the effort.
- Sanded board, size of your choice
- Wooden drilled tags, one per family member
- Craft painted
- Antiquing paint (optional)
- Fine sand paper (optional)
- Back mounting hooks, one per tag
- Wall mounting hook for back of board
- Cording of your choice for hanging the tags
- Vinyl Lettering of appropriate size, (4 sizes available)
Order your vinyl lettering from the link at the bottom of the page.
- We painted the board with craft paint. You have many color options for the vinyl, so have fun coordinating the paint.
- You can also antique the edges of the painted board for a stunning effect or sand them to give the finished board a special look.
- Mount the vinyl lettering very carefully to fit just right.
- Attach the hooks for hanging the names on. We chose back mounting hooks from Home Depot.
- Paint the name tags to match the board and mount vinyl names on tags.
- We attached cording to hold up the tags. There are many options here. Just check out your local craft store.
- Attach the wall hanging hook on the back of your board. This is a fun project and is used by the family each week and serves as a reminder to all of the importance of being together and and doing your part. Enjoy!